3.17.2011

Girls: Day 17



I actually originally drew the red drawing while I was still in college for my first illustration degree. Crazy, huh? I recently went through every single piece of artwork I still have in order to scan them and then put the originals in storage and I came across a few things that I liked well enough to trace. This was one of them. This character's name is Cela and I had at one point written a short about her, but I scrapped it for a number of reasons. I may eventually do something with her, but we'll see.

A trivia point: every shape you've seen thus far has been drawn by hand. All those circles and squares were all done by hand in ink. This is the first time that you can see that break down - the circle around her is a bit bumpy. That's because it was huge (I used a plate to trace it) and it got a bit wobbly. Oh well, I can't always be a perfectionist I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment