4.05.2011

Cars: Day 1





It's been a while since I've used my cintiq and I'd forgotten how much fun it is! For some reason, CS4 has a bug with the cintiq tablet that causes the pen to lag, so it took me forever to get this up and running, but when I tried using my (thankfully still installed) copy of CS3, it totally worked no problem. Go figure...get on that, adobe. Anyway, to get myself used to tablets again I doodled some girls as well. It took me a while to get back into the groove of this thing because I draw in a completely different way on tablets than I do on paper. There are definitely some pros to working directly digitally (besides not having to battle my scanner for a while to get my giant pieces scanned), especially that I can work on gesture from far away and yet zoom in for details. Once I figured that out, I was having fun.

Oh yeah, and some vehicles. Some of my drawings this month I hope to keep semi-realistic (like the beetle), but I also really want to play with different styles this month, some of which probably won't be successful. But I will post them anyway!

4 comments:

  1. Cars.... :sigh: such a sour subject. I just visited mine today. If you want pics of a car torn apart I can send you mine. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, that's so sad. :( The funny this is I don't even like driving, I just like how cars look, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is sad :( I've always thought cars had personalities..feels like my child is undergoing surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw. ;_: At least it's repairable, right?

    ReplyDelete